The Office of Sport is committed to ensuring the safety, health and wellbeing of its employees and visitors through the provision of safe venues, activities and workplaces.
In fulfilling this commitment, the Office of Sport will:
- Actively identify workplace hazards and assess and control risks
- Comply with WHS Legislation, Australian standards and relevant codes of practice
- Engage in meaningful and open consultation about WHS with workers, health and safety representatives and health and safety committees
- Provide adequate information, training, instruction and supervision
- Integrate WHS into all planning activities and operations
- Establish measurable objectives and targets to ensure continuous improvement.
Everyone who enters an Office of Sport site must comply with the organisation’s Work, Health and Safety policy.
The Office of Sport’s incident reporting system will help the organisation to maintain a safe and healthy environment for all our employees and visitors.