The Consultation Paper survey must be completed by 5pm on Friday 11 May 2018.
Please contact the Office of Sport Regulation Unit on 13 13 02 if you have any questions in relation to the review of the Combat Sports Act 2013.
The Combat Sports Authority (the Authority) is conducting a review of the Combat Sports Act 2013 (the Act). The review will consider:
- recommendations made by the Coroner’s Court of NSW arising from the inquest into the death of professional boxer David Browne
- provisions of the Act that may be causing unnecessary regulatory burden.
The Authority has developed a Consultation Paper to obtain the views of the public, industry and other stakeholders on the following issues.
- The objectives of the Act
- The regulatory framework
- Combat sport contests
- Combat sports rules
- Compliance with and breaches of the Act
- Other issues.
How can I participate in the review?
Note: Submissions to the Combat Sports Act 2013 Review have now closed. All survey responses and written submissions will shortly be published on the Combat Sports Authority website.
1. Make a written submission to the Authority
Interested parties may contribute to the review by reading the Consultation Paper and making a written submission to the Authority via:
Post: Combat Sports Act Review, Locked Bag 1422, Silverwater, NSW, 2128
Written submissions must be received by the Authority no later than 5pm on Friday 11 May 2018.
2. Complete the Consultation Paper Survey
Interested parties may also contribute to the review by reading the Consultation Paper and then responding to the questions contained in the paper. Responses may be made by completing the online survey within the paper or through the link below.
The survey must be completed by 5pm on Friday 11 May 2018.
|Note: All survey responses and written submissions will be made public and placed on the Authority website.|
3. Attend a Public Consultation Forum
Interested parties may attend one of five Public Consultation Forums.
- Attendance is restricted to ticket holders obtained through Eventbrite Bookings.
- Click on the 'Book now' button below to obtain a free ticket.
|9 April 2018||WIN Stadium, Wollongong||6.00 pm – 8.30 pm||Book now|
|11 April 2018||Parramatta RSL Cub, Parramatta||2.30 pm – 5.00 pm||Book now|
|11 April 2018||Parramatta RSL Club, Parramatta||6.00 pm – 8.30 pm||Book now|
|12 April 2018||McDonald Jones Stadium, Newcastle||6.00 pm – 8.30 pm||Book now|
|13 April 2018||Club Dubbo, Dubbo||6.00 pm – 8.30 pm||Book now|
Where can I get more information?
Phone: The Office of Sport Regulation Unit 13 13 02